Buying from abroad
We export to many countries around the world and a large percentage of our export buyers bid on the telephone or leave a bid online.
- You can book your Spotter by joining our club.
- You can phone bid live or leave a bid online.
- Always obtain your spotters name and refer to this person each time you ring.
- After Payment we can arrange, at cost, Delivery anywhere in the UK within 48 Hours and to the rest of the world by arrangement.
EXPORT BUYERS CAN SAVE 20%
A large selection of our cars are also VAT inclusive, so you can reclaim the 20% VAT once the car has been exported.
Travelling to us couldn't be simpler
Below you'll find detailed information on how to get to us from various parts of the UK and also abroad. One of the quickest routes in is via plane to Cardiff International Airport, flights can be booked in advance from as little as £15.
Flights into Cardiff International Airport are possible from many airports throughout the UK and Europe including Belfast to Cardiff, Newcastle to Cardiff, Dublin to Cardiff, Edinburgh to Cardiff, Jersey to Cardiff.
Find and purchase cheap flights via:
- www.cwlfly.com - Select 'To Cardiff' and follow the onscreen options.
- www.flybe.com - Select 'To Cardiff' and follow the onscreen options.
- www.aerarann.com - Select 'To Cardiff' and follow the onscreen options.
- www.bmibaby.com - Select 'To Cardiff' and follow the onscreen options.
Directions from Cardiff International Airport
From Cardiff International Airport you can get to us via train, bus, taxi or car rental.
Follow the A4232 onto the M4. Leave the M4 at junction J32 and straight ahead onto A470 direction Cardiff, Merthyr Tydfil, A470. Outside of Merthyr Tydfil follow the A465 and then the brown tourist sign for Mountain Railway which takes you to Pant/Dowlais Industrial Estate. Turn right MMA is situated at the end of the estate.
Our local train station located in the centre of Merthyr Tydfil is only a short bus or taxi journey away. You can purchase a rail ticket in advance from either of the following websites, an advance booking could be up to half the price:
Many ferry services are available from Dublin - Holyhead, Fishguard - Rosslare, Dun Laoghaire - Holyhead and many more into Wales. Find a cheap ferry ticket for all routes via the following websites:
Via Car Rental
Car rental is possible from many local companies in the surrounding area. Fly into Cardiff International Airport or travel via train into Cardiff / Merthyr and rent a car for the short journey to our auction site. You can then leave the car here for the hire company to pick up (check with hire company before purchase). Aquire cheap car rental via any of the following websites:
- We accept £ GBP and € EUR
- A £500 cash (or the equivalent € EUR) or credit/debit card (excluding American Express) deposit is required on the fall of the hammer of any auction.
- The remaining balance can be paid by cash, most credit/debit cards (excluding American Express) within 24 hours of purchase.
- One off payment of £30.00 plus VAT for use of debit cards and 3% plus VAT for use of credit cards will be charged.
- A passport or photocard driving licence is required when making payments using a credit/debit card.
- An Indemnity fee is payable on every item and are subject to VAT.
- Terms and Conditions of Sale apply. (Available on request)
How to reclaim VAT after a vehicle purchase at Merthyr Motor Auctions.
When the vehicle / item is shipped to its destination port within three months of purchase, the original MMA invoice & the Bill of Lading (shipping document) should be stamped by the shipping company or customs.
Return the following documents within three months from the shipping date and we'll refund your VAT.
- Original MMA invoice stamped by shipping company or customs
- The original shipping document with the vehicle registration number stated
- All EC buyers must produce their VAT number
Merthyr Motor Auctions
We then issue a new invoice showing no VAT and a cheque for the VAT on the sale price only. Other charges i.e. indemnity, delivery, etc the VAT is non refundable.
For further information please contact a member of our sales staff via email at email@example.com or via telephone on 0870 850 3417
A FANTASTIC SELECTION OF DIRECT FLEET VEHICLES AUCTIONED WEEKLY
Including vans, commercials, minibuses, buses, coachs, ambulances, cars, 4x4's, people carriers, refuse vehicles, tippers, tankers, gulley emptiers, jetters, hoists, fire engines, dropsides, curtainsiders, cherry pickers, tracked machinery, wheeled loaders, tractors, trailers, cranes, skips, roll on roll off's, link tips, road sweepers, precinct sweepers, ride on mowers, pedestrian mowers and plant & machinery at massive savings on garage prices.
The largest car, van, truck & commercial auction in the United Kingdom
We sell Worldwide: